A robot-based science education program for children (abbreviation: Paper Robot Laboratory Education Program) that can be done with corrugated cardboard is a teaching material kit for learning through the experiences of the power and mind set required by children in the future society in which children will live We aim to form a development and support platform.
- Engineering power
- While you move your hands you will learn to perceive the phenomena of personal belongings and the way in which things move and to shape abstract ideas.
- Designer-like power
- We notice the inconvenience and needs in everyday life, get the feeling of self-efficacy “I can solve problems creative to myself” while repeated ideas, trial products and feedback to solve it.
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- “Move the idea to realization at once, start up as a project, communicate with society, receive evaluation, gain compensation and reward (such as prize money) of the product”
By getting through the cycle, you gain experience that will lead to future economic independence.
Regardless of the family environment and school situation, we provide learning opportunities for all children to see the force needed for their future through such experiences.
For that reason, we are developing teaching materials using inexpensive materials near us, such as cardboard, milk carton, sweets and tissue paper empty boxes.
In this program, we explore ways to realize such a toolkit and platform for providing children with children, a support community, a business model to distribute compensation and compensation, etc., experiment, measure the results, I will summarize it as research results.
A community that evolves and evolves autonomously and provides diverse support
Traditionally used for children’s learning, A handful of experts developed and gave “to give” to children, and there was no mechanism to improve flexibly about the teaching materials once developed, while obtaining feedback.
In this program,
In order to autonomously evolve and evolve the developed teaching materials, we will create a platform for free communication on feedback on teaching materials and improved ideas.
Also on this platform,
Teachers and children themselves can participate as teaching materials and teaching plan developers.
Regarding teaching materials and ideas that gained high evaluation and popularity in particular
We will also incorporate a mechanism in which products are distributed, distributed on the marketplace of teaching materials, and compensation is paid to teachers and children who are creator.
In addition, we aim for a model that develops while involving communities supporting the platform while offering professional skills, knowledge and resources such as the University of Tokyo and companies.
Applicability to departmental learning possibility
Through the process of “Learning by making”, we support children with diverse learning needs such as children who are good at visual thinking, children who feel challenging abstract thinking and spatial recognition, and learning the subjects of children with different learning needs.
What you can do with “dante finger tool kit” is:
- Learn the movement of joints
- What is the difference between fingers of other animals and human fingers?
- What can not be done with animals by human beings?
- Let’s explain how arthropods move
- Let’s explain the calculation method of “2 ÷ 2/3” and its answer with the finger joint
- Let’s create a story with your fingers and tell it in English
It can be applied to learning in various fields such as.